Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Family Recipe

PRALINE COOKIES:

20-24 whole graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 packed cup light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans or sliced almonds

Line a 10x15 jelly roll pan with the crackers. Boil sugar and butter for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Add nuts when bubbling stops. Spread over crackers, then bake in 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Makes around 5 dozen.








PANCAKES:

1 whole banana (optional)
2 cups flour
1 egg 
1 tsp. salt
4-6 tbs. sugar
2 tbs. baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tbs melted butter

Mix all liquids together, including the egg. Then mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Once mixed fully, combine moist and dry ingredients. If too thick add more water. Too thin, add flour. Spoon onto heated pan, checking occasionally. Flip over when golden brown.
Optional: add bananas, sprinkles, cinnamon, anything else you might like after combining the moist and dry ingredients.






It took me about 2 hours to make everything. It was fun, but I was mad I didn't make enough for me to eat. I don't think either of them turned out nearly as good as when my parents make them...but I tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment