Saturday, April 20, 2013

Entry #3 - The Playbill

I created a playbill that may have been seen around the 1800s. The real ones were a lot more elaborate, but I'm hoping mine comes close :)
This was pretty simple to make. Unfortunately, I don't have photoshop, which would have helped make it a lot more detailed. I had to look at a lot of actual playbills to get an idea and find one I liked. No two looked the same. AND A LOT OF THEM USED ALL CAPS, LIKE THIS!
The Chestnut Street Theater was a pretty well-known theater in Philadelphia. It was first opened in 1794. You can read more about it here:
http://johndurang.yorkheritage.org/?p=189
Enjoy!

........................................................................................................................................





No comments:

Post a Comment